Sunday 22 March 2020

They must know something definite!

I had an email this afternoon from the Caravan and Motorhome Club, whose sites I make great use of, all over the country. The email told me that from today all their sites are closed. And 'will remain closed until 30 June 2020'.

Oho! So they reopen on the first day of July?

What do they know? I mean, the CAMC is no fuddy-duddy association. It's on the ball. (Or should I say, on the towball? No, maybe not) If they are so confident that sites can reopen as July gets underway, they must have some definite information.

Of course they haven't. How can they? But who knows, it may prove to be a very good guess as to when the virus will be so much less a daily threat that caravan and motorhome holidays become feasible again. I do hope so. But I still think it'll be early September before that wish comes true, and even then, some social distancing will still need to be practiced.

Only a few posts ago I wrote with sadness that I'd cancelled all my CAMC bookings - fifty-four nights' worth. But if I hadn't done it, today's announcement would have taken those holidays away.

Never mind. I'll squeeze in as much as I can in the autumn. And there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford