Wednesday 7 July 2021

White or red?

Back to triviality.

Those alternative FitBit Versa 3 silicone bands I ordered online from FitBitStraps.com arrived five days ago. They were in brilliant white and bright red:


They both had more conventional, easier-to-use buckles - I'd found FitBit's design, using a simple integral moulded peg to save using metal, amply secure but fiddly to use. As for quality and feel, these two latest bands were in every way as good as FitBit's own. 

Both of them were hands-down more attractive compared to the original dull black band. There was no contest whatever. The new white band was distinctly whiter than FitBit's own Lunar White band, as you can see in this shot:


The red band was exceptionally eye-catching. It wasn't a fluorescent red, but it would be much more of a fashion statement than even the brilliant white band was. 

So which to attach to the Versa 3 and wear? I took a series of shots to help me decide:



It was a difficult call. The white band wasn't going to slip quietly under the radar - it was sufficiently noticeable to make a statement. But the red was in another league - it drew the eye at once, and might even be a distraction. It was a festive red, to be sure, and I thought it likely that I'd want to swap it in at (say) Christmas-time. But only now and then during the rest of the year. Red couldn't be worn with everything, whereas white could. So I finally decided that my prime choice lay with the white band, and I have stayed with it ever since.


So I now have four bands - red, white, off-white and black - and three clock faces to go with them. Which I think means 4 x 3 = 12 different looks for my Versa 3, to suit different occasions or attire.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford