Monday 18 July 2016

My beautiful wheelbarrow

Just over a month ago I bought myself a proper wheelbarrow. I anticipated moving a lot of earth and clipped vegetation from one side of my garden to the other before the autumn was over, and a wheelbarrow would make that a lot easier.

So here it is. I bought it ready-assembled from a local garden centre (I don't do assembly).


You can see how much 'vegetation' has to be shifted! Jackie and Kevin next door want access to their boundary so that they can replace all the fence panels. I therefore need to clear the ground somewhat. This ties in with my long-term plans for my back garden, and Jackie will give me a hand.

I haven't made a start yet, though. I want my left shoulder to really heal up first. It's almost right. Then my shiny new wheel barrow, at present awaiting action in the conservatory, will be brought into play. I hope it doesn't get too dirty. I get laughed at for not wanting to get mud on the lovely green wellies I bought last year. But they're too nice to mess up. I won't be quite so precious about the wheelbarrow, but I shall certainly look after it, and not let it go the way of its predecessor, which was left out in all weathers and just rusted away. This one will have sympathetic treatment, and be stored out of the rain, probably in my garage.

What a simple affair it is, too. A metal trough on a metal frame, with handles and a wheel. The tyre is pneumatic, the only sophistication, apart from the metal being galvanised. I hope we become friends. Because that will encourage me to get out and do stuff in the garden much more.

3 comments:

  1. Little and often is the way to go, far too easy to just keep going and strain something. I hardly have to tell you not to overload the barrow. Are you going to compost the prunings, and how about a bit of "feed and weed" on the grassy area to impress the neighbours when the fence comes down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little and often indeed. I'm hoping that the wheel barrow will take the strain, and encourage me to get out there. Yes, there will be a compost heap! (Although it might become a fire hazard?)

    Lucy

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little and often indeed. I'm hoping that the wheel barrow will take the strain, and encourage me to get out there. Yes, there will be a compost heap! (Although it might become a fire hazard?)

    Lucy

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete


This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford