Sunday 13 March 2016

Rug rag progress

Having made a good start on Saturday 5th March, I am now beginning my eighth day on the rag rug. I've found it an absorbing pastime, and it's exciting to see the thing come to life. I have surprised myself with my dedication to the task. I've usually been putting in six hours a day, on and off. Say forty hours so far. It's more than two-thirds complete. I very much want to finish the rug by the morning of Wednesday 16th March. Bar hand-sewing a backing on, that is. I could do that in the caravan, once I'm up on the Cotswolds.

The hours spent on the rug have pushed some other activities aside, of course. Hence the lack of blog posts (although I'm catching-up somewhat today). In fact I need a few more days yet to get the rug complete, because temporarily I won't be able to devote so much time to it. There is a competing priority: the caravan must come out of its winter hibernation, and be set up for my trip late next week.

Here's a couple of teaser shots, showing finished sections of the rug. I still think it will be hard to guess what the design is meant to be, but the texture and colours are very pleasing. I'm sure my very first rag rug will be a success - and spur me on to do another.

No comments:

Post a Comment


This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford