Thursday, 10 November 2016

Shopping list malfunction


Oops! This wasn't meant to happen. I had two bananas on hand, and needed more - enough to last four days. And I got rather carried away at Waitrose. I have ended up with sixteen bananas, all to be eaten over the next four days. Otherwise they will get over-ripe, and (to me) uneatable.

I might do it. But if I eat every single one, I shall be utterly sick of bananas - and a useful SW-friendly food will be off the menu for a while. Silly me!

I was in danger of making the same mistake with cold chicken, also SW-friendly. But controlled myself in time.

I dare say I'm not alone. How many people have found themselves with (for instance) a ridiculous amount of fat-free yoghurt in their fridge, or enough bags of lentils to sink the Titanic? I'm sure it happens. And it so goes against the grain to chuck food away because it's date-expired, or 'gone off', or just too boring to consume.

Well, here am I with bananas taking over the kitchen. It's Banana City.

Let's hope there's no highly-deadly black tarantula in there...

3 comments:

  1. Do you like banana bread or muffins? I throw my ripe bananas (still in the skin) into the freezer and use for baking.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't do any home-baking. I never was much of a cake eater, and they are off the menu entirely just now!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freezer was going to be my suggestion.

    Slow some down in the fridge though it only looks like two portions to me...

    You can work out why I do not buy bananas very often.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford