Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Gold Lucies and Plastic Lucies

It's a bit over half-time on my holiday, and the right moment to hand out some awards and booby prizes.

These are the places I went to that had plenty of appeal. I would happily return to them on a future holiday. They get a Gold Lucy, that is, a much-coveted gold statuette of myself. They are listed below in the order I went to them:

Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
Mersey Ferry
Antony Gormley's Another Place
Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool
South Stack, Anglesey
Penrhyn Castle
Aberdaron
Porth Dinllaen

Runners up are:

Ludlow
The Long Mynd
Chester
Hilbre Island
Travelling on Merseyrail
Barmouth
Harlech Castle
Criccieth

And the places that made me cringe, and deserve a Plastic Lucy - that is, a life-sized inflatable replica of myself on the lines of Mr Blobby - are as follows:

Widnes
Runcorn
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll
Pwllheli

The rest neither set the Melford pulse racing with delight, nor made me seek rapid oblivion. Llangollen, Holyhead, Bangor, Dolgellau and Porthmadog for example.

I'm sorry if I seem to have misjudged your favourite town or holiday destination. But my decision has to be final and conclusive. Take consolation and comfort in the thought that I am a woman of sensibility and perception.

2 comments:

  1. That's not fair to Mr Blobby. LOL

    Shirley Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Gold Lucy for you, then!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford