Sunday, 31 March 2013

Normal service will resume very shortly

I returned home from Newport yesterday afternoon, and have been busy with all the things you do when back from any holiday. The biggest task has been to process some 300 photos, mainly of visits to Cardiff and Blaenavon. Cardiff is the Big City. I visited the Cardiff Bay area where the old docks used to be, and the National Museum of Wales. Blaenavon is a World Heritage town at the head of one of the Valleys, and apart from the town itself there is the Big Pit mining museum, the old ironworks, and trains in steam on the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway, the highest preserved line in the country. All those photos have taken time to deal with, but the job is now done, and I can incorporate some of them in my next posts, and considerably more on my Flickr site.

So we kick off tomorrow with Cardiff. As usual, whatever I've seen will lead to a digression on some other vaguely related topic before coming back to the main thrust. I seem to be incapable of sticking to one topic per post, but who cares! I have to say, Cardiff Bay impressed me. But it was knocked into a cocked hat by Big Pit, and yes, I donned a hard hat and went underground. What happened down there will be revealed in the following two or three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford