Sunday, 8 July 2012

The last night in Cornwall

Look - it is possible to blog from North Cornwall! Even if formatting this properly will have to wait till I get home. I'm sitting in the Bullers Arms Hotel in Marhamchurch, just outside Bude, with roast lamb on order and a gin and tonic to sip. It's so nice to find somewhere to do this. It's been a week of pleasures and disappointments. The chief pleasure was meeting up with Cornish friend Angie on my 60th Birthday night. A lovely meal at the St Tudy Inn. Dessert served personally by the jovial landlord, with a candle to blow out! The chief disappointment was the weather - almost unremitting cloudy skies and rain, with only a couple of sunny afternoons. Never mind! I got out and around, and made the best of it. As is my usual habit, of course. Dinner has arrived. Yum! More when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. I want to fast forward to next summer, this one is a date of time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you mean more of the adventure and not the meal! Shame about the weather. I hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment.

    Shirley Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My chief pleasure too, Lucy. An evening that brought warmth and fun to a cold, rain-soaked summer.

    I hear they've just lifted the hosepipe ban in your part of the world. Well fancy that!

    Angie x

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford