Monday, 5 March 2012

Sooner than I thought

I've just learned that the Gender Recognition Panel is going to look at my application on 12 March. Yikes! That's at least a month sooner than I understood would be the case.

So the stuff I sent with my application form will come under pitiless scrutiny seven days from now. Will the evidence be enough? Or will they think it flimsy and unconvincing?

I almost wish it were mandatory to appear before the Panel in London. I'd happily do it. It might be an ordeal, but at least I could speak, and be seen. But somehow they assess your worth from documents alone, except in the most difficult and special of cases.

And what am I actually doing on 12 March? I'm at the dentist, having a filling. Oh joy. Well, let's hope I not only get a skilfully refurbished tooth but also a shiney, no-quibbles Certificate!

This is turning into something very big for me. Really, really big, and I feel quite nervous. Aren't I silly?

1 comment:

  1. I remember that they don't bother with interviews and really they are not necessary as long as all your documentation is in order. Before I got to receive my state pension however I had a visit at home by two ladies from the pensions department!

    Shirley Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford