Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Labelled a prude!

Yesterday evening, over a meal, it was gently suggested to me that I might be a prude. I denied it, but you know, I probably am just a little prudish, or would seem so to a good many people.

The accusation - gently made, as I said - came from someone who must have been thirty years younger than me, of a younger generation anyway. It didn't perturb me. My accuser couldn't have read any of my blog. If she had, she would have realised that I can speak with perfect ease of any body part and its function. So if you want a monologue on vaginas, I can oblige. And I can talk glibly about penises too, and I've known about King Missile's cool track Detachable Penis (see YouTube) for donkeys years.

However, if you want me to strip off and simulate orgasm at a party, as a big joke, then no I won't. In fact if there's any suggestion of swinging, or sexy party games, I will discreetly take some fresh air and go home to the soothing companionship of my teddy bear and a good book. It's not that I disapprove, or want to strike attitudes about standards of behaviour - it's very much chacun a son gout with me - but I am unwilling to get mixed up in anything that might slide out of my personal control. If that's prudery, then I'm a prude.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of parties have you been going too Lucy!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None at all!

    I'm not a party creature in any way. And I've decided that if I can't avoid attending some gathering, then I will draw the line at exposing my tits or letting someone eat a Mars bar from a convenient orifice. That's SO not my thing.

    Clearly my 60th Birthday Celebrations are going to be notably humdrum and fuddy-duddy!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say you have high moral standards. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and certainly to be commended. What you describe is nothing short of an orgy, not my cup of tea either Lucy.

    Shirley Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford