Thursday, 7 July 2011

Dilating while on holiday

My week away in the Wiltshire countryside is going well. I'll write it all up - including about the opera, and the posh meal on my birthday evening - when I get home, with photos included. But for now, some reflections on the problems of going on holiday when you have to dilate twice a day.

I can tell you, it makes life complicated!

First, the positive bits. I'm in my touring caravan, and I'm on my own, so I have a big advantage over staying at a hotel or guest house: absolute control over my privacy, and total freedom from interruptions. I simply lock the side door, pull down all the blinds, and take as long as I need, morning and evening. Nobody is going to knock on the door, or burst in, and I don't have to work around someone else's schedule. And the sunshine and fresh air can still flood in through the skylight while I give Big Jim his half hour. The on-board bathroom is only a step away, and I can make a cup of tea, or even have a snack, while I go steadily through the process.

But I haven't got copious supplies of hot and cold running water, nor the oh-so-nice shower that I have at home. The caravan does of course possess a shower, and there is a water heater, and basins with hot and cold taps, but setting all that up for only one person is just too much of a faff. I manage well enough with small containers to pour cold water out of (I can carry them easily), an electric kettle, a jug, and a bowl. But you can imagine the rigmarole involved in a genital pre-wash, the actual dilation, cleaning the dilator, douching, cleaning the douche, and finally a post-douche genital clean-up. And yet for strict hygiene reasons I'm not going to skip proper washing of myself or my equipment!

Honestly, I don't see how it would be possible to share the caravan, with dilation being such an absolute priority. I need time, space, solitude, and the freedom to do it when it suits me. All that is incompatable with having company, at least in a little two-berth caravan.

I suppose that in a hotel the cleaning-up arrangements would be slicker, but privacy might be compromised. And how one could dilate in a small tent beats me: no space, and maybe no hot water. (No doubt someone will say how it's done!)

I'll be glad when I can get away with dilating just once a day, or once a week. Each session consumes about an hour all told, and just now it makes a big impact on the day.

But, as ever, I'm easily consoled. Because there's only one reason why I need to dilate. And the thought of why, and what it means, always cheers me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford