Sunday, 24 April 2011

For Your Eyes Only

My eyes this morning: sore, half-closed, bleary. I'd cleaned out the gunge, and was about to treat them with more eye-drops from the local chemist. The drops have been making a difference. But the rest of me isn't so easily fixed. This cold of mine is proving to be the worst I've ever had. It seems stuck in the most uncomfortable phase. That's the sore throat, runny nose, catarrh, coughing-all-the-time, sneezing, feeling-weak phase. Around lunchtime I finally thought it showed signs of thickening up and going into some sort of endgame, but my hopes have been dashed. I am now seriously considering postponing Tuesday's visit to London to see Dr Richard Curtis about my ongoing hormone treatment. It will take a miracle recovery to make the journey possible.

I'm sure that the cold is worse than usual because I'm in a weakened state, being post-op. If this is a general effect that anybody might experience, then take note and be prepared. I wish I hadn't got to go without medical advice at the moment. Sod's Law means that of all times to feel dreadful, it must be the long hot Easter Weekend. But I simply can't say I'm an emergency case, and bother the few doctors available.

The only thing that reassures me that there's nothing fundamentally amiss is my temperature. My posh digital thermometer said my temperature was 36.7 degrees Celsius yesterday, and it's now 36.2. No arguing with that. I may have horribly uncomfortable symptoms, but no fever, and things must be improving, even if it doesn't feel like it!

3 comments:

  1. Could it be allergies?

    Hope that you're feeling more comfortable soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my sympathy Lucy. I've been coughing and hacking for the last two weeks too, and I'm getting awfully tired of it. I hope you get well soon!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a bug somewhere in the south of england so I think I know how you feel. Hard enough to deal with without all the other stuff. Hope you can reschedule soon and hope the food pictures on my blog gave you something to look forward too.

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford