Tuesday, 1 March 2011

White Rabbits!

White Rabbits! There, I remembered. And now I should be lucky all month long. I need to be.

1 March. St David's Day. A great day for every Welsh person. And I'm Welsh. I really need to go into the operating theatre now with a garland of daffodils, all bright and yellow, around my neck, and a thumping great leek, the biggest in all Wales, pinned to my gown, and 'Men of Harlech' being sung in a rousing, surging, inspiriting chorus by the combined Treorchy, Tonypandy, Bargoed and Blaina Male Voice Choirs, with Mr Thomas himself singing lead tenor.

Well. Here we are. The big day. It's 4:45am, and I'm awake, and I could murder a nice cup of tea. A bacon roll would be nice too. But no chance of that. Sigh.

I wonder how I will feel twelve hours from now? What is it really like on Mars?

This was my 400th post, by the way!

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully 12 hours from now you will have a nice load of some sweet narcotic in your system. :) Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! Best wishes from across the pond for a speedy recovery!

    Hugs,

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard the view of Mars from Venus is better than actually visiting Mars in the first place.

    Good Luck

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if you've gone yet, or just hanging around. I'll be thinking of you all day. Hugs.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet my breakfast was bigger than yours! Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best.

    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes! Hope you get all you've dreamed of and recover fast as fast!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. By now, your probably all done. I hope all has gone well. Happy New Birthday!

    By the way, my great grandmother came here from Tonypandy!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lucy
    May your visit to the smile factory bring everything you wish for.
    I hope you enjoy your room with a very special view.
    Get well soon, painfree & peacefully.
    Bless you
    Love
    Debbie K xx

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford