Thursday, 3 March 2011

Nothing a nice cuppa can't fix

I've had my tea and toast. Boy, did I enjoy it. Simple pleasures are best, you know!

But I still haven't stopped bleeding. It's the area by the urethra. Mr Thomas has sutured-in some absorbant and clotting-encouraging gauze. Carla my special nurse confirmed that I was sufficiently brave. Nothing of course compared to being in labour for 42 hours or whatever! But I do feel this whole surgical process ought to make anyone undergoing it worthy of some respect. I am certainly regarding those who have been down this road before me with unmitigated awe.

I feel I will have a better night, if only because my stay here is advancing and its climax getting closer. I've had cards, flowers, gifts, visitors, phone calls, emails, texts and blog comments, all wonderful to have. And such caring staff to look after me. I'm so lucky.

3 comments:

  1. Please add yourself to the list of folks who deserve unmitigated awe :D

    Thank you for sharing your journey and I hope you recover as quickly as possible.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have respect for what your going through? Tons of it my dear!

    So happy to hear you enjoyed your tea and toast. Hopefully something a bit more substantial will be coming soon.

    It's no wonder you have had cards, flowers, gifts, visitors, pone calls, texts, and blog comments. You are loved by so many, Lucy!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think I'd rather give birth....

    You're doing fine Lucy. it sounds as if with all the attention you're getting the time shouldn't drag too much.

    Wish I could visit

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford