Saturday, 5 March 2011

Briefly out of bed

I decided to wait until I'd had the second of my out-of-bed sitdowns before posting again.

The first, at around 10:30am, was a moment of high elation, made sweeter because I had just had a bed wash and felt fresh and clean, and also because I could give my face and neck a proper wet shave. So nice to be smooth! Although the T bandage was as uncomfortable as ever, the sun was streaming in, and it was bliss to change position.

Not so good tonight, at around 7:00pm. I'd had a nice day - visits from Debbie and two other friends - but I was now getting tired and the relief of taking a different position wasn't so extreme. I saw some blood seepage on the bed pad as I eased myself off. Old, dark blood the nurse said, but it was hard to feel reassured. I sat for only twenty minutes, then asked to get back on the bed.

The tight T bandage will come off tomorrow, when they unpack me. I so hope it will. The beginning of the end, hopefully. Despite all the wonderful care, it's feeling like an endurance test that needs to finish soon.

Tonight I am breaking the resistence of a lifetime, and accepting a sleeping pill. I simply must sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams, Lucy.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit of an endurance test. That can't be helped. And it takes a huge amount of energy, so don't feel that you have to push yourself. Sleep is your friend (hope you got a good one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A week in bed always seemed more scary than the operation to me.

    Must be over the worst by now, hope you got a good nights sleep with the help.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the sleeping pill did it's job.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you had a restful night. You've got a lot of healing to do. Slowly but surely....

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford