Monday, 28 February 2011

Arrival

I'm settled in at the Nuffield, and have one of the rooms with a view over the South Downs to the sea. Apart from the bed (with elecronic touch-control) and the background hospital noises, it's indeed very much like a hotel bedroom.

There's not much more to add. I can hang around in ordinary clothes till bedtime. There's a jab of blood-thinner, and a pleasant-sounding but lean evening meal to look forward to later. Meanwhile I'm going to have a doze and then a read I suppose!

The real excitement begins tomorrow. I'm second on the morning's list, and get wheeled in around 10:30am. At least I can take my time over the morning ablutions, and discover how to wear my theatre gown with a little chic.

I'm still not feeling more than normally nervous. Surprising! But I doubt whether I'll sleep much tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Lucy, it's a hospital, you can ask for drugs!

    Sleep well.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it says on the cover of The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy...Don't Panic!

    You will do great...lucky girl.

    Hugs,

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get to eat the night before? Lucky you! Nil by mouth for us. We had enemas. :P

    I was first of two, so I just about had time to wake up.

    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, I'm sure we'll all be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and best wishes, Lucy! I'm looking forward to your pos-op reports.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford