Monday, 24 January 2011

So far so good: no hormone withdrawal symptoms yet

It's over a week since I put on my last hormone patch. But there are no signs of any trouble yet.

As you can imagine, I've been watchful for signs of sudden masculinisation in the pre-op period. I was expecting increased hair growth on my chest, and maybe a five o'clock shadow around my mouth by the evening. Also the disappearance of my breasts and hips, and the reappearance of arm and leg muscle. Basically the unravelling of all that the hormones have achieved so far. And I've been warned also of things like hot flushes.

But no hint of such negative effects.

However, there's still over a month to go...

4 comments:

  1. Lucy, think on the hot flushes as valuable experience which you can use in future conversations with other women as in "HRT is a wonder after all those hot flushes", you will never be questioned ever again!

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy when I read of all that hormones give you (I do know about the side effects) I am still envious. I'd love real breasts, hips and less hair on my body.

    I am so pleased for Lucy. Not long now!

    xx
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy I am grateful I made it on to your blogroll but it lists my old blog? Would you possibly mind updating it so if any of your followers wish to drop by my site they won't get the 'this blog has been deleted window'?

    http:\\www.helenchapel.wordpress.com

    Thanks sweety
    xxx
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. arrgghh!!!! typo! so sorry
    http:\\www.helenchapel2.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford