Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Cornwall upgrade

I was starting to feel despondent again: despite three recent viewings on the Cottage, there was still no sign of any serious interest. Would I never sell it?  Would I be forced to let it, to avoid my capital getting dangerously low? Should I be cutting back on all non-essential spending now? Yes, I thought, you must stop at once. That meant no trip to Cornwall over Christmas: the previous outing to the West Country had cost me nearly £500. I really ought not to be spending that kind of money.

And yet...

This would be the last holiday before my operation on 1 March.

It would be the last holiday before I was fully recovered from the operation in late summer 2011.

If I didn't go, I wouldn't see Angie again for ages.

And although I might spend £500, the extra cost was just the diesel to get to Cornwall and back (about £100) and the balance payable to the Carnon Downs Camping & Caravan Park (£100). The rest I'd spend anyway if I stayed at home, on food, light and heating, local outings, and Christmas festivities. So the true cost of this break was only £200, for eight nights away. Well, really, £25 per night for accommodation (with travel included) wasn't extravagant.

The clincher came today. The lady on reception at Carnon Downs, Melanie, phoned me to say that a better pitch, a 'fully serviced' one, had become available. A clear upgrade so far as I was concerned. Would I like to have this pitch? A glance at the site map confirmed that it would indeed be nicer. Yes, please!

So I'm going, and no more doubts.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation Lucy!

    Hugs,

    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lucy, I'm so glad that you didn't have second thoughts and that we will see each other soon. I wonder how many cups of coffe we'll get through this time?

    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your holidays in Cornwall will be really lovely.

    Its cold cold cold at the moment though so come prepared!

    Hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford