Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Winter boots

Here's my winter line-up for this year, all of them black boots. I haven't got any brown boots, and I'm not sure it would really be worth my buying any. The three black boots are not all new. The pair on the right were bought nearly two years ago and have been reheeled twice. Those in the centre were bought one year ago. And those on the left just the other day.

I really don't know which I like best. The centre boots have the highest heel, and look the most elegant, or at least the most piratical. The righthand ones have a medium heel, and you could certainly walk in them around a big place such as London, as indeed I have. The zip-up pair on the left have a flat heel but are the most go-anywhere and casual of the three. All have soft leather uppers and all fit well. If I had to choose boots that I could wear comfortably all day long, I think it would have to be the lefthand ones, but then it would also depend on the clothes worn. Tights and leggings and long skirts suit left and centre best; the righthand boots look best with jeans, especially if tucked in. All of them can look fabulous with a miniskirt.

Right, that's boots sorted. What about hats and scarves and gloves?

4 comments:

  1. I bought an awesome pair of italian equestrian style black leather boots with almost no heel; can't wait to wear with skinny jeans or a skirt! Enjoy yours!

    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boots, when I was footloose (!) and fancy free I had lots. Sunday mornings were for boot polishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all go being a fashion Diva isn't it :)

    I like boot season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like boots too if it was possible to get a pair which were elegant and came in huge for ladies! How many others were partially held back by the simple impossibility of finding ANY footwear to fit.

    Lucky I wear sandals summer and winter.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford