Saturday, 6 February 2010

First flag on upper lip

If you can imagine my upper lip as Mount Everest (I would say my awful nose bore a stronger resemblence, but let's pass on that) then I have conquered it for the first time and planted my flag on the summit. Today Roz cleared the last of the thick dark hairs from the upper lip. Last of the current crop, that is: plenty more to do. It's like bagging one's first Monro. Just another 300-odd to climb. But a landmark occasion nevertheless. I thought you'd like to know.

I have to say, the pain was pretty excruciating in some places, especially in the middle of the lip. But I didn't wimper once, which makes a change! In any case, the pain was very local and soon faded. And it must be nothing to the discomfort some post-op people we know have experienced.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the clearing! I thought I was very near the end, but four weeks without electrolysis has revealed some dark hairs in that pesky upper lip zone, right under the nose -- the most painful part. I'll be glad to have a session on Tuesday, but not looking forward to that pain. Still, the results will be worth it.

    Onward, Lady Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lucy. The upper lip has to be the most painful spot, so hopefully the remaining 'Monros' will be bagged without difficulty.

    I'm still having IPL on my top lip and the dark hairs are gradually disappearing. Might have to mop up the last few with electrolysis, though. "Pretty excruciating," eh? Thanks for the reassurance!!

    Angie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first flag - just as I start realising why my granny was so prickly to kiss. You'll be smoother than I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! I hope you did something to celebrate appropriately. That was certainly a milestone for me too. My electrologist always hands me tissues and apologizes to me before moving to my upper lip to work. Even though I use enough of a numbing ointment to make my face feel like I am ready for a root canal it really doesn't do much more than knock the pain down a notch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anji you do know that you can join this electrolysis club too. The top lip does flush out the tear ducts, no pain no gain. Once my Aly looks through her magnifier she always seems to find 5 to 10 times more than I can see!

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford