Thursday, 7 January 2010

Welly photocall





As promised (to Anji anyway), here are some shots of my new wellies. Also one of the pairs of socks to wear inside them. And that's me doing the modelling. Socks and wellies performed very well in deep snow (not to mention slush, ice and mud) on a walk with M--- yesterday, and the bottom shot shows how the hen-covered rubber boots emerged unscathed and ready for more. Judging by the unrelentingly bad weather, they will get their opportunity.

I bought socks and boots at a shop called 39 West Side in Shaftesbury not long before Christmas. Socks by Snuggly Warm. Boots by Joules. Well-timed purchases, I'd say!

3 comments:

  1. Y'know I was thinking about wellies myself today. "His" Hunters, nice though they are, don't cut it :~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, those are adorable. We have absolutely nothing like that around here and I have no idea why not. We do not get a lot of snow in my part of the country (60% chance of snow showers tonight, little to no accumulation, not even the dignity of calling them flurries) but we have a lot of really wet, nasty weather where they would just work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing them off. Long warm socks will have to go on my list now too. The boots are lovely, I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford