Monday, 18 January 2010

I've got it! I've got it!

I'd love to show you a photo, but the risk of identity theft is too great. But I've got it at last. My new passport with the 'F' for 'female' in the sex box! I sobbed with joy when it arrived. Couldn't believe it. They have accepted my representations on femaleness. It's official. I will be strip-searched by another woman at the airport. I will go Holloway Prison if I commit a crime. I can be Miss World. I can be a weather girl on TV. Yes! Yes!

The driving licence application has now been posted. They check my ID with the passport people (this must be 'joined-up government'!), but nevertheless I'm enclosing a letter from my GP confirming my permanent adoption of the female life, and her request that I have the female marker on the licence. I hope that works.

In two weeks time I want to sashay over to Volvos and go vroom-vroom in their test car. It'll probably sound like a tractor, but if I pull off a double whammy with both passport and licence in the bag, then I will burst with total euphoria!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I'm looking forward to seeing you crowned the next Miss World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! That is wonderful news Lucy. Soon you'll be driving and traveling the world as yourself. I am hoping to at least have the correct name soon, the gender marker is a bit down the road I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    You're so much more progressive over there! Here each state has their own laws governing who is to be considered legally male or female, and most will not grant you official status, until you can prove you had SRS. If the right wing conservative Christian crowd, could get their way, you wouldn't even get it then. They have fought and successfully overturned laws passed by several state legislatures, that legalized gay marriages. They are currently in court in California, defending a ballot referendum they got passed, that stripped gays of their right to marry there. They desperately want to drag us all back to the 1950's.

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Lucy! You've got it!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a big moment for me too Lucy. Congratulations!

    (Don't rob a bank just yet though. You won't get into Holloway until you have a GRC).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, pet!!!

    But don't rob that bank to fund the Volvo purchase just yet. What Jo says is correct....!
    :-)

    Hugs
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no. And I so wanted to be a Holloway inmate and sample their haute cuisine. I'll just have to go straight for now, then!

    Did I mention that I met Mr Thomas the surgeon last week at the Charing Cross Clinic, when there with Rheya? I reckon I'm now on his list of People Wanting It Done. He told me to get Dr Curtis to refer me when I'm ready. (About five months before surgery, Mr Thomas said)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congraulations. I can only imagine it must give you an amazing feeling of freedom to go where you want, do whatever you want.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford