Sunday, 10 January 2010

Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, part 1






While I was killing time in Brighton yesterday afternoon, I went into the Musuem and Art Gallery. I hadn't been there for months. It was nice and warm! (Outside it was positively icy)

As provincial museums go, this Museum is on the small side, but to be fair, there is a large detached exhibition of natural history in the Booth Museum some distance off, and if the two were combined in one building the total impact would be almost comparable to Bristol. There were several new things to see at this main site. Some of the exhibits were to do with the rapid development of Brighton as a resort town from the Regency Period, and a few of the displays are shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford