Friday, 18 December 2009

Invitation to a Cervical Screening Test

I'm now away in the caravan, but just before I left home the postman delivered a letter from the NHS. It invites me to have my cervix scraped to provide a test sample of tissue for analysis. Just in case there is any abnormality.

The NHS thinks I am truly female!

I can't and won't ignore this. I'm seeing my doctor anyway in January for several other tests, and I'll deal with this one then. Isn't it nice, though, to know that The System has me on record under the correct gender?

4 comments:

  1. Go along and see if they can find it!

    Does show that despite half a century or more of knowing and accepting us as fact there is nowhere in the system where we fit exactly!

    Caroline XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really lovely, Lucy. Next it'll be breast screening!

    On a serious note, do you need to ensure that you don't miss out on 'male' tests such as those for prostate problems?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the prostate gets its own test! Not going to overlook that one.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford