Sunday, 1 November 2009

Please do remember the Fifth of November: Gunpowder, Treason and Plot


This is an image I created in November 2000. What an age ago! A different life entirely. The top half is taken from Roy Strong's book 'The English Year', and of course shows the plotters who tried to blow up Parliament, including a certain Guy Fawkes. The bottom half is a genuine calendar for November 2000. I used the font known as 'Caslon Antique VL' and (imagined) olde worlde spelling to round off the effect. Note that everyone wore witches' hats then! Quel fun.

As I write this, only two hours to go before the Deed Poll signing. Woo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Wish some bugger would do it now....!!!

    love
    chrissie
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calender and the fpelling. they used to have fffs instead of sss too, didn't they?

    Can you do things like deed poll signing on Sundays too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yef, I thinke you can do fo.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford