Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Voting rights

Now we're getting serious. I want to vote as Lucy Melford from next month. So I've completed my Electoral Register form accordingly. I suppose this is an opening salvo in my Real Life Experience!

I'd like to show you a photo of the signed form, but dictates of personal security prevent it. You'd see my home address, home phone number, and signature. Friends can have all these things, but not the public at large. The blog is intended for empathetic trans people first and foremost, but anyone at all might find it and read it. And some of those might be hostile or mischievous.

4 comments:

  1. There's no doubt, that you are on your way now. Congratulations citizen, Lucy Melford!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa. You probably saw a photo of the form which part of the posting for a short while. I was rather keen to illustrate what I had done, not just talk about it. Until I realised how stupid it was to give out key personal information! I've just withdrawn the photo, and others will have to take my word for it that I committed myself to voting as Lucy.

    Quite a landmark thing to do, though. Now, roll on the next General Election. Can't see Gordon Brown and his government lasting too much longer. This latest Libyan thing is turning into a serious scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to worry, dear. I saw the form, so I can vouch for you!

    BTW, I like your new profile pic!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Lucy.
    Another step forward on your journey.
    Making it Real, you certainly are!
    You are doing just fine.
    There's no stopping you now.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford