Monday, 28 September 2009

Heavy metal


That's me on Frensham Common in Surrey yesterday, toting my Nikon camera, and I think you can get an idea of its size and possible weight, bearing in mind that this is a professional-standard piece of kit, as is the lens. I was very happy with the pictures, but I had back ache by the time I'd walked all round Little Pond (actually a fair-sized lake). I was conducting a Nikon v Leica test, and the little Leica took this shot of me, using the self-timer. The Nikon did best in the test from the resolution and tonality points of view, though I see how the Leica could have been tweaked to come closer.

The point is, I can carry the Leica all day long, and do, and it doesn't give me back ache. When I was built like the Incredible Hulk I could cope with heavy metal, but nowadays my puny girly muscles can't manage the same burden. A penalty of transition, I suppose. Obviously I need a sherpa or slave to take the strain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford