Sunday, 16 August 2009

My Favourite Places - Bosham in Sussex




This may prove to be the beginning of a regular series! I do have a very long list of nice places I've been to which I'd like to share. Some of them are well-known, some not.

Bosham is well-known in Sussex, and is only an hour's run from where I live. It lies in Chichester Harbour, an extensive expanse of tidal water with many creeks and inlets. Like Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk, it looks very different at low tide compared to high. It's famous for 'drowning' cars left parked on the shoreline at low tide, when the sea is out of sight. When the sea is in, the sheltered nature of the Harbour often creates a 'mirror' effect, and the ideal photo is one taken close to sunset, with the church and other old buildings reflected in the calm and stealthy water.

I couldn't resist a photo of my car with Bosham as a backdrop. It's a 1999 Honda CR-V.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy
    You have a very artistic eye. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

You must be registered with a proper blogging platform if you wish to make a comment. I have had to deny access to completely anonymous commentators.

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford