Sunday, 16 August 2009

My Favourite Meals - TV dinners


Another potential series?

I love food, and nearly always take photos of any meal eaten at a pub or restaurant, because I want to capture the attractiveness of this course or that. I take a real sensual delight in well-presented, delicious food. What a greedy piggy, you might well say! Well, I don't do sex, or drugs, I'm a light drinker, I don't smoke, don't gamble, and I'm not hooked on adrenalin rushes, and so WHY NOT go for FOOD as my vice of choice? It's not just about filling my face. I appreciate nice places with character, and enjoyable service that makes me feel special. Meals are events.

But this picture is not of some amazing thing I swooned over at a posh nosh parlour. It's a bog-standard stir-fry I threw together the other night at home. So it's on my knees, on a tray, and that's my lounge, and that's Phil and Kirsty on the box. A TV dinner!

1 comment:

This blog is public, and I expect comments from many sources and points of view. They will be welcome if sincere, well-expressed and add something worthwhile to the post. If not, they face removal.

Ideally I want to hear from bloggers, who, like myself, are knowable as real people and can be contacted. Anyone whose identity is questionable or impossible to verify may have their comments removed. Commercially-inspired comments will certainly be deleted - I do not allow free advertising.

Whoever you are, if you wish to make a private comment, rather than a public one, then do consider emailing me - see my Blogger Profile for the address.

Lucy Melford